CASTING DIRECTOR WORKSHOP
As you know we cast for productions large and small as we are CRB checked Spotlight agents and are able to cast for all of the tops roles around the UK. We put people forward for work daily, we see a lot more castings than you most agents do on Spotlight as we are on a number of more influential casting director and studio mailing lists as well, like BBC Elstree studios for Eastenders, Transformers 4 and Fright Night 2. We have loads of TV and film work in, we regularly have people in auditions for Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Holby City, Waterloo Road and lots more, and people in auditions for Fright Night 2, Transformers 4, All You Need is Kill (tom cruise film) and lots more. We also put people into top brand commercials. There are also from time to time well known artist Music Videos and Photographic Modelling opportunities on Spotlight.
We work with around 70 jobs per day and put our represented talent forward for all of the jobs that they are suitable for. Due to our size and the quality of our talent we are part of a select group of agents who have access to more exclusive jobs and opportunities, so we see a lot more than most agents see every day. Big enough to count, small enough to care! We will regular introduce your CV to casting directors, directors and producers when they are casting for roles with a view to booking you an audition. We will NOT randomly contact these people just to introduce you, we have never known a reputable agency that will do this, it is bad for the agency and the artist as it can be regarded as harassment.
We are holding small personal workshops (6 people max) to teach people what Casting Directors like ourselves look for. Getting the inside track will give you a major advantage for future roles.
These workshops are small personalised and interactive for YOU to ask questions and understand the next steps for YOUR career - this will be a major goal setting session for YOUR life and YOUR career. We have been teaching people how to put The Secret into action to achieve the results YOU want for over 20 years, long before it ever became fashionable in the UK.
We will look at YOUR CV - what do casting directors think of it and what can you improve?
We will see YOU audition and provide valuable feedback for YOU and YOUR performance. Learn what personality YOU are and what learning style YOU have so you can fully engage during the audition process.
It's always about the work - we have plenty - the presentation, lets fine tune and improve yours - and the training, let's make sure you have the skills you need for your chosen career path.
YOU will then have all of the pieces you need and a strategy regarding how to implement them to make you successful - so at the workshop we'll plan the work and then work the plan!
At the end of the workshop we will help you develop a personalised
strategy for you and your career.
We will be covering:PRESENTATION
- We will be teaching you how to present yourself professionally for the industry both in packaging and personal presentation! Actors, models and entertainers have different stylisation of packaging depending on the sector of the arts they are advancing into! We will show you the media and CV style and extra special packaging that gets the roles YOU want!RESEARCH THE AUDITION
– We will be teaching how to research for the roles you are auditioning for. How to investigate the character everyone involved in the production from crew to Production Company. This will ensure greater success in gaining the role and good relations and permanent work in the industry.PREPARATION
– We will be teaching what is needed to be prepare for any eventuality in an audition, including attitude, handling nerves; focus, materials taken and how to impress the casting director correctly including nuances and details that make ALL the difference…. ATTITUDE
- attitude determines altitude – We will teach you what you can do to improve your attitude on a daily basis. The laws of success and how to apply them.SEE IT THROUGH THE DIRECTORS EYES
– We will be opening your eyes as to what the Director want from you! What are they looking for to make their production come to life? How will you benefit their production what you can do to impress upon the director why YOU ! ROLE PLAYING AUDITIONS
– We will audition you for one of our current castings and give you Casting Director feedback, something you rarely get in a real audition! We will see how eloquent your performance is for auditioning and the most common pitfalls people do to fail. So, setting you up for Success with positive memorable pointers. PERSONAL REVIEW AND STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS !
really feel this will improve your confidence and your belief in your skills
and abilities and so improve your chances with future roles and you go on to
greater heights within YOUR career.
The next workshops are on Saturday 8th June from 1pm to 6pm or Saturday 15th June from 1pm to 6pm or Saturday 22nd June from 1pm to 6pm at our office/studio just outside Cardiff - coach/train travel return from London from £23 so travel
costs are never an issue. Coach from London to Cardiff with National Express
is £18 return and then train
from Cardiff to Rhoose is £4.80 return - adult costs, discounts may be available. See www.havealook.net/london
As there are limited spaces and a select amount of 6 per workshop (so we
can personalise the information in each workshop), to secure the
booking please can you pay for your booking in full £75 by card over the phone on 07716 258219. Please come back to us with
any questions and/or organise payment as soon as possible to avoid
disappointment as spaces are always limited.
Thank You for visting us.
BDiscovered CredoIt is not the critic who counts:
not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.The Man In The Glass
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day,Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.
For it isn't your father or mother or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass.
The fellow whose verdict counts most in you lifeIs the one staring back from the glass.
You may be like Jack Horner and chisel a plumAnd think you're a wonderful guy.
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
He's the fellow to please-never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear to the end.And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the man in the glass is your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tearsIf you've cheated the man in the glass.